Monday, August 13, 2012

just a little giggle goes a long way


My little sister in my sorority, Kelley, giggles...a lot...and it is the cutest, most endearing thing ever! I always get so happy to talk to her because as soon as she answers the phone she goes, "Hey girl! Haha!" It automatically puts me in a good mood and eager to talk. I decided to adopt her giggles into my every day life, and man, has it changed things.

Not only do I feel more happy myself, but people are so much nicer when you place a little laugh before, after, and in between your sentences. I found that, at work, I wouldn't know an answer right off, but I would immediately make a joke of it, laugh, and then tell the person I'd get right back to them. Not only did it work, but they were so appreciative of a follow up call and were noticeably more happy themselves.

I tested this even further this past weekend when I went out with my friends. The cabbie (who in Charlotte are usually pretty rude and act as if they have no idea what is going on) was in a wonderful mood by the time he dropped me off at my destination and even showed me pics of his cute kids - so sweet! AND the doorman outside of the club I went to was nice and opened the door for me (he left the line that was behind me and walked me about 7 feet to the door to let me in) - such a nice personal touch, don't you think? I like to think this was all due to my constant smile and little giggle.

Is there anything extra you do to ensure you, and the others around you, are having a fun time?




2 comments: