Tuesday, March 19, 2013

yaurie - our little fur baby


Our little girl, Yaurie, passed away about a month ago. It is still so hard to think and talk about as she was a huge part of our little family.

As with any loss, I think you struggle with your feelings and how to navigate through such a tough time. I like to think that maybe if her departure from us wasn't so sudden and tragic, we could have accepted it in a better way, but I just don't know.

I miss her meeting me at the door with a happy face, and the way she walked sideways sometimes, and the noise that her collar made, and how she would play with me on the floor, and the way she would get a mohawk down her back as she saw another dog, and when she would bark in her dreams, and even her bad breath. I just hope she knew how much we truly loved her and how saddened we are by her absence.


"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras

No comments:

Post a Comment