Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a day of yes

 Our First Date

Thanh woke up this morning and asked me, "Ummm, do you have any plans for this evening? Because I'd really love to take you out for our 3 year anniversary of the day I asked you to marry me." Does it get any better than that?! I really don't think so - but of course, I am biased.

 A Year and a Half Later, I said Yes

So today was proclaimed, by him, as "A Day of Yes". I answered yes to all his questions (the non-ridiculous ones of course) and was giddy with anticipation of where he was going to take me on our date. He just told me to wear a dress and that he would take care of the rest. I mean, really?! This is fairytale stuff, right?

After we got home from work, I went upstairs and got ready to go on our date. He was waiting for me downstairs, and as I entered the room, a little gasp escaped from him - I guess I was looking pretty good :) It was such a nice moment and brought me back to the good 'ole dating days when he would pick me up for a night out.

 A Day Of Yes Smiles

He surprised me with going to Firebirds...we got a bottle of wine...and reminisced about our engagement story and how he asked my parents for permission. Swoon! He is a piece of work, I tell ya :)


Side Note: This moment reminded me of that Family Matters episode where Carl Winslow got his wife a present for their 10 year first date anniversary. I loved it back then and am livin' it now.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww...Love Thanh. That was really sweet of him!

    ReplyDelete